Having successfully completed nearly three decades in the hardware manufacturing industry, ASUS is all set to take motherboard innovation to the next level. On the occasion of their 30th anniversary this year, the brand will be showcasing its latest innovations Prime X299 Edition 30 and the Prime Utopia at the Computex 2019 that has raised the excitement level among tech geeks.
Here’s all that you need to know about the upcoming ASUS motherboards.
ASUS Prime X299 Edition 30
Edition 30 carries all the top features that one would expect in an ASUS motherboard, especially a webcam for facial recognition. Cooling is one of the most important features for motherboard overclockers and this one doesn’t disappoint us in this regard. The VRM has a 40mm fan that spins, as per the needs, and a proper arrangement for cooling, which includes:
- 2 x pump headers (AIO, pump+)
- 5 x fan headers
- 1 x thermal sensor header
- 6 x fan headers (Fan Extension Card II)
- 2 x thermal sensor headers (Fan Extension Card II)
The offered memory support for professional usages, includes:
- 8 x DDR4 up to 4266MHz (OC)
- 3 NVMe M.2 slots: 1 x M.2 (NVMe x4 or SATA 6Gbps), 2 x M.2 (NVMe x4), 8 x SATA 6Gbps
A fast Aquantia 5G chip, paired with an Intel Gigabit Ethernet controller fulfils the networking requirements. The Intel Wi-Fi 6 Ax200 module, compatible with 802.11ax offers a magnificent bandwidth of up to 2.4 Gbps.
The pre-mounted I/O shield (Aura technology), which seems sleeker than its predecessors, makes the installation process much easier. The audio (Realtek S1220A) and USB ports (Thunderbolt 2 x Type-C, shared with USB 3.2 Gen 2—1 x front, 2 x Type-C, 3.2 Gen 1: 4 x front, 4 x Type-A, 2.0: 4 x front, 2 x Type-A) poke through it, allowing seamless connectivity with storage and display devices.
Other features include:
- DTS:X Ultra supports sound
- Multi-GPU: 3 x SLI, CrossFireX
- PCIe: 3 x16 (CPU): x16/x16/x8
- Integrated RGB lightning and an OLED screen
- 720p IR webcam that allows login through Windows Hello biometric facial recognition
ASUS Prime Utopia
The ASUS Prime Utopia concept board that has been tweaked for performance gains, is one of the most exciting products to be seen at the Computex. Let’s quickly go through some of its amazing features:
- An expansive water block for chilling monster VRMs (better overclocking results)
- A massive M.2 heatsink
- A patent-pending Hydra Cortex fan that controls up to 4 fans
- 7-inch OLED touch screen with PCIe slots
- A modular rear I/O with 4 M.2 slots at the front face
- LiveDash for OLED-based monitoring
There’s more to this device than what meets the eye. Viewers can take a glimpse of the latest motherboard at the Nangang Exhibition Centre in Taipei, between May 28 and June 1.